China, Shanghai-Zhangjiang, Finance
Manager Business Controlling
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of 50,000 pioneers around the globe. The teams in our corporate functions enable the best in our dynamic businesses and in our people to maximize our company’s potential. With our leading brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Take direct accountability for Controlling of Adhesive APAC business, ensuring data integrity, transparency of business performance & commercial control as well as providing strong financial decision support and analysis, drive business growth
- Support regional controlling of Consumers & Craftsmen business, to provide in-depth financial analysis across APAC and contribute to the continuous improvement of process efficiency as well as standardization
- Manage / Coordinate financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets / target setting, and analysis reports.
- Identify areas of risks and opportunities, determine root cause for performance deviations, propose actions and solutions to improve overall profitability and drive the development of KPIs.
- Provide high quality, clear and useful financial and business information which offers insights and decision support, to the management team and commercial heads
- Take initiatives on digitalization and automation to further increase data transparency, improve data analytics and support business decisions
- Lead and drive Controlling related projects in China as well as support APAC & cross-regional projects from Controlling & Financial aspect.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in controlling relevant concepts, processes, and tools.
- Support regional/global knowledge sharing and training activities.
- Individually Tasks (Time in %)
- Steering closing, prepare rolling forecast, manage annual budget setting（10%）
- Analyze monthly business performance (vs. PY, Plan, Forecast)（10%）
- Provide high quality, clear and useful financial information to support management in best informed decision making（10%）
- Manage cost and profitability development: review of pricing / rebate / commission strategy, COGS tracking （20%）
- Coordinate APAC consolidation in terms of financial reporting and analysis（20%）
- Controlling related projects / initiatives and other projects（20%）
- Other ad-hoc analysis / presentations / tasks（10%）
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimum 5–7 years of experience in Finance / FP&A / Controlling or related field, qualified CICPA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent preferred
- Complete understanding of financial statements and financial processes
- Outstanding analytical capabilities and business understanding
- Advance numeracy, accuracy and excellent attention to details
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated with a strong sense and ability to proactively engage internal and external stakeholders to develop value-added solutions and steer continuous improvement.
- Ability to influence commercial and finance partners with negotiation and conflict resolving skills.
- High willingness to learn and strong team spirit
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills, digital skills and international working experience a plus
- Fluent in both verbal and written English and Chinese
- What the Role Can Offer You
- Business partner to involve in key strategic decision making
- Regional exposure with close collaboration with all APAC countries and HQ
- Steer full P&L with Interesting combination of projects
- Excellent platform to grow both professionally and personally due to the broad scope of work and interactions with various key stakeholders within the company, with a wide range of optionality for your future career path.
- Continuous Learning & Training for all related topics (industrial, financial, soft-skills, digital skill, PMO etc.)
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different genders, origins, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, and generations.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.