United States, Irvine, CA, United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- The Sr. Application Engineering specialist leads daily technical collaborations with leading customers to develop applications for Henkel solutions that enable automotive customers future generation devices.
- Responsible for supporting Henkel's Electronics customers who are using our Thermal Interface, Gasketing and Electronic Materials in their products/applications.
- Explores customer design needs and translates into material specifications that guide internal new product development and support commercialization success.
- Broadens insights in automotive electronics customer and industry design trends, identifies business opportunities, and influences internal product and technology roadmap development.
- Design, plan, and execute laboratory testing to generate technical data reports with resulting communication to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Leads/supports ongoing harmonization and administration of laboratory test methods for global automotive materials platform.
- Provide product training for sales, marketing, and technical functions for both internal and external audiences.
- Operates and leverage local application lab to expand collaborations with customer.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in polymer/material science, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field is required. Minimum 7+ years of experience in product or applications development of thermal management, adhesives, chemicals (polymer science, or chemical engineering) or a related products used in the automotive industry is required.
- (or) Ph.D. degree in polymer/material science, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field is required. Minimum 3+ years of experience in product or applications development of thermal management, adhesives, chemicals (polymer science, or chemical engineering) or a related products used in the automotive industry is required.
- Experience in collaborating with customers or suppliers and running high complexity projects as leader or key contributor.
- Familiar with Automotive Electronics components and industry players.
- Skills in teamwork, communication, and presentation.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 40% with some of that travel being international.
- Relocation Assistance: May be authorized.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
The salary for this role is $120,000.00 - $160,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.