At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Design and implement programs to develop the technical data needed to support the use of Henkel Product technology.
- Identify new opportunities for product development and work with development project teams to bring these opportunities to market.
- Read and use dial calipers, micrometers, and standard shop measuring tools.
- Formulate adhesives under the guidance of a senior chemist.
- Set up, calibrate, operate, monitor, and troubleshoot testing equipment.
- Apply basic lab techniques to perform routine and non-routine tests with limited direct supervision.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Enter accurate data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports.
- Ability to understand as well as perform mathematical and statistical functions.
- Prepare data reports, graphs, and charts on results as requested.
- Demonstrate creativity with new ideas, efficiency improvements, and make suggestions to improve procedures.
- Follow proper material storage and handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Follow and adhere to all safety standards.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas with 5-12 years of experience, is highly preferred.
- Candidate with B.S. degree and a strong track record of >8-10 years of successful Product Development in the relevant area may be considered.
- Proven track record of on-time product development delivery from idea generation to completion is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the areas of UV/Light stable Epoxy (1K & 2K) resin for outdoor applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven ability to invent and innovate, and strong ability to design and implement experiments are needed.
- Professional laboratory skills are essential.
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is needed.
The salary for this role is $89,400.00-$140,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.