At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Support SHEQ OHSAS 18000, ISO 14000 management systems Manage compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Determine priorities for safety and health improvements and respond to employee safety concerns.
- Develop and recommend appropriate engineering or work process modifications to prevent worker illness or injury.
- Provide follow-up assessment of recommendations.
- Develop reports and recommendations independently.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team to discuss multidisciplinary approaches to resolving safety & health issues.
- Determine training needs and independently develop new programs as necessary. Develop and/or deliver safety trainings on topics pertinent to the site (e.g., Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, powered industrial trucks, etc.)
- Serve as expert consultant for safety issues within the organization.
- Recognize injury and illness trends within the organization and work to address these.
- Provide leadership and direction to professional and technical staff and participate in the professional development of staff.
- Maintain current knowledge on Federal and Cal-OSHA regulations and related supportive standards
- B.S. in Industrial Safety, Occupational Health, or related discipline.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience with SH&E management related functions and administration preferably within the chemical industry or an industrial/manufacturing setting.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- ASP/CSP certification desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work effectively with the SHE team and operations management and staff.
- Ability to solve broad range of complex problems.
- Ability to utilize approaches that require innovation and change.
- Experience in emergency response and incident command training and implementation.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and generally manage travel and a challenging workload.
- Incorporates business risk in analysis of alternatives.
- Strong public speaking, employee training and networking skills.
- Must work effectively within teams and within diverse work groups.
- Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Proactively support and or lead SHE initiatives that support the business.
The salary for this role is $88,000.00 to 120,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.