United States, Westlake, OH, Adhesive Technologies
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Work within Henkel’s Transportation Management System (TMS) planning and tendering loads based on routing and financial parameters – become a TMS expert
- Interpret, refine, and leverage TMS optimization applications to save money on freight spend
- Track and trace activities to ensure optimal carrier service (use FourKites software to monitor for late shipments)
- Solve day-to-day shipment issues, including reconsignment, expedites, etc.
- Provide proactive communication on potential service failures and field requests for status updates on critical shipments (monitor and reply to group email status requests)
- Build and maintain carrier relationships to support the various business needs
- Hold carriers accountable for cost, service, and capacity commitments
- Collaborate with other Henkel functional areas as needed to achieve customer satisfaction (Customer Service, Plant Operations, Supply Planning, etc.)
- Work on projects as required (individually and as part of a group)
- Analyze shipment data to suggest freight cost savings projects
- Build/maintain relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside of Henkel
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in Logistics (Supply Chain) or Business
- 3+ years of Logistics or Supply Chain shipment planning experience strongly preferred
- Strong experience in a multi-modal transportation environment (Full TL, Bulk, LTL, Parcel)
- Previous experience using a modern TMS strongly preferred (MercuryGate, BluJay, JDA, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work some off hours to support/resolve shipment issues in transit
- Ability to influence others without authority is a critical skill for success in this role
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving methodologies
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Must be results oriented and self-directed
- The Logistics Planner is an office position with most work being performed on a computer while seated at a desk
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular